Monday 30 April 2012

A post from GrannyJanny's Jeffy

Thought I would get in a quick post as unsure of WiFi over the next few days as we head to Juneau then the ferry for 2 days then Ketchikan.
Here is what I look like now, I have turned into an Alaskan. (The fake Davey Crocket hat Janice bought for me)

We have had so much fun and seen such beautiful scenery and met such lovely family over here,and our holiday is moving quickly.
A couple of things. We saw the 'Northern Lights' in Fairbanks @ 2:30am so that is something off my Bucket list. I was really excited, they sort of danced across the sky for a minute or so, kept changing, disappeared then appeared again. You would have to watch them every night for months to see all the colours and combinations.


Also saw Mt Redoubt near Anchorage 'steeming'. It is one of 5 active volcanoes in the region.
Having a great time. Bye Jeff

4 comments:

  1. That's such a funny pic Dad! You can compare it to the rifle shots of you in your younger years!
    I'm thrilled you saw the Northern Lights!! That's so cool. I'm sure they were amazing!!
    I'm so glad you're doing this trip. You all look like you're having a fantastic time. Everyone is always so happy in all the shots - laughing, big smiles, obviously great memories forming! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just said to Yvette that u look like you're having so much FUN!! Silly pic! I love it! And awesome that u saw the northern lights! So beautiful :)
    Have a great ferry trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what were you all doing up at 2.30 in the morning? Another one of those WILD parties, I suppose!

    Jeff, you make a good Davy Crocket . . . now how does that song go?? . . .
    "Born on a mountain top in Tennessee
    Greenest state in the land of the free
    Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree
    He killed him a b'ar when he was only three

    Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier"

    Ciao, G & D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the crazy pics! Yes Charlotte and I were saying you look so happy and excited in every photo. I'm SO glad you finally got to do this trip. It looks like you're having a ball!!! How awesome to see the Northern Lights too! Did they move much?

    We had a lovely time with Charlotte and Jaimeson. Jai got a cold tho and had a terrible night last night so they left this morning, a day early. He was still his usual happy self tho - such a happy boy. Charlotte was good this morning too after not much sleep. Love you.

    ReplyDelete