Friday 14 September 2012

MY WINTER GARDEN
 Our back deck is rather useless in winter as it's on the southern side of the house and never gets any sun.  The seat cushions are retired to the storeroom for the winter.  Actually last summer they hardly came out either as it was so cold and wet over the summer.  Looking forward to a long hot summer this year.
 Our new purchase is the bicycle plant stand .  I saw them in France and loved them but could not fit one into my suitcase.  I was delighted to see this one in Bunnings.  The wheelbarrow is growing snow peas.  The poor old wheelbarrow came with us from Grafton but now is rusted through and ready for the bin.  We will buy a new wheelbarrow to use and recycle the old one into a new vegetable garden.  It's great because you can wheel it round chasing the sun.
 We will soon start heating the pool ready for swimming in October.  Can you see my yellow orchids along the pool fence.  I have had so many spikes this year, but their pots have rotted the pool deck and Jeff has had to do some replacing of timbers.  NO MORE POTS ON THE POOL DECK had been decreed!!
 A close up of my orchids.  They originally came from my Dad via a sojourn in Katoomba with my sister Laurel.
Our front yard.  My stocks have been just beautiful.  I have picked bunches of them.  I just love the smell.  It transports me to my childhood as Mum used to grow them.  My wooden wheelbarrow is now overflowing with pansies and lobellia.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your garden! Your back garden is so beautiful, when I think of it, I think of sun drenched afternoons lazing in the sun after a dip in the pool! The grass is always so lovely & green & the plants so beautiful. I love that you have veggies in your front garden! How novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely turn about the garden. It's such a lovely, lush colourful garden. I with I had inherited your gardening gene. I like like the end product - but not the actual gardening. So I'm not very successful in attaining the end product!

    I don't think we've been to Wgong since New Years. What a long time. :( Well I'll be there briefly in a few weeks and actually I think between now and the end of the year I might be there four times! Pre NZ, the craft sale (hopefully!), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and hopefully the Chambers Christmas Party!

    ReplyDelete